Diposkan oleh Cha Jonas on Kamis, 25 Februari 2010
Some expressions of congratulations:
· Congratulations on your success!
· I must congratulate you.
· Congrats! Finally, your dream comes true!
· Please accept my warmest congratulations.
· I’d like to be the first to congratulate you.
Expression of congratulations in special events:
· Happy birthday!
· Happy Lebaran Day/Happy led!
· Merry Christmas!
· Happy New Year!
· Happy Valentine!
· Happy anniversary!
b. Compliment is an expression that we show or say to express/give praise. Some people use compliments to “butter up” somebody or to flatter in order to increase good will, for example:
· On his/her general appearance
· If you notice something new about the person’s appearance
· When you visit someone’s house for the first time
· When other people do their best
Some expressions of compliment:
· What a nice dress!
· You look great.
· You look very nice/beautiful/handsome.
· I really must express my admiration for your dance.
· Good grades!
· Nice work!
· Good job!
c. Gratitude is an expression that we show or say to express grateful feeling to other people. When speaking English, you say “thanks” very often. Please say “thank you” when people give you something, help you do something, wish you something and give you a compliment etc.
Some expression of gratitude:
· Thank you very much
· Thank you for your help
· I’m really very grateful to you
· You’re welcome
· Don’t mention it
· It’s a pleasure / My pleasure
· I want to express my gratitude to (my teacher, my father, etc)
· I am grateful to your help
· It was the least I could do.
· You’re welcome
· No big deal.
· Don’t mention it.
· It’s a pleasure.
· That’s alright.
· Any time.